From ski shows to classic cars and dancing in the streets to concerts in the park, take in these fun ideas to enjoy summer in Waukesha Pewaukee!
1. Catch thrill-filled waterski shows & try watersports activities at Pewaukee Lake
The Pewaukee Lake Water Ski Club performs from Memorial Day to Labor Day and are always fun to watch. They perform on Pewaukee Lake Thursday night at 6:30pm.
Make a day of it and enjoy all that Pewaukee Lake offers for watersports fun before a show, including:
2. Dance & listen to live outdoor music
At Pewaukee Lake Waterfront Wednesdays or Waukesha Friday Night Live enjoy live outdoor music.
- Waterfront Wednesdays are held along the shores of Pewaukee Lake at Lakefront Park from 6-8:30 pm on Wednesdays starting June 9 through August 11 with a wide variety of music genres each week.
- Held in Downtown Waukesha, Friday Night Live offers nine stages of live music and dozens of downtown businesses open to offer food, drinks, artwork, gifts, and more.
4. Experience Ten Chimneys
Ten Chimneys was the home of Broadway actors Lynn Fontanne and Alfred Lunt. Located on 60 acres in Genesee Depot, this amazing National Historic Landmark has a great story and tours of the property offer one-of-a-kind collections, unique interior design and architecture. Reservations recommended for those 12 and older.
5. Visit Lapham Peak
Take in the sights at Lapham Peak is part of the amazing Kettle Moraine State Forest in Delafield (just 15 minutes from Waukesha Pewaukee). The glacial landscape at Lapham Peak offers great hiking and gorgeous views.
7. Travel back in time at Old World Wisconsin
Learn what life was like in rural 19th century Wisconsin at Old World Wisconsin. With 65 historic buildings and many family-friendly hands-on activities, this open-air museum in Eagle is just a short drive from our area.
8. See unique classic cars and boats
Enjoy family-friendly activities, food, music and more at the Cookouts & Cars event June 4 at Pewaukee Kiwanis Park. Visit the Pewaukee Antique & Classic Boat Show in August at Pewaukee Lakefront Park, north of the beach in Pewaukee. Or stop by the Frame Park Old Car Show on August 8.