Waukesha JanBoree is a winter fun festival held annually in Waukesha. This year the festival is celebrating 36 years of fun for 10 days, January 15-24, 2021 at various locations throughout the Waukesha area. Waukesha JanBoree 2021 will offer safe, socially distant outdoor fun with these highlighted events.
Opening Weekend Highlights: January 15-17
Enjoy these events and activities planned for January 15-17 and find all events for opening weekend here.
Friday, January 15
- Enjoy Arctic Avalanche featuring toboggan time (reservations required), ice-skating and sledding at Lowell Park from 5-8pm.
- Register for the new Glow Walk around Frame Park (1.7 miles) from 5-8pm.
- Fireworks Extravaganza at Lowell Park. If you enjoy fireworks, this is a great family-friendly show starting at 8pm.
Saturday, January 16
- Make and Play Workshop at Whiterock Campus from 9-10:30am. Drive through the White Rock Campus as the School District of Waukesha and community 4K partners provide make and play kits while supplies last.
- Register your kids for the Penguin Egg Hunt from noon-2pm.
- Explore winter wildlife at Retzer Nature Center from 11am-3pm. Register here.
- Play Frozen Footgolf at Moor Downs Golf Course from 10am-4:3opm. Registration required.
Sunday, January 17
Weekday Events: January 18-22
JanBoree will be offering events throughout the week on January 18-22. Choose from footgolf, snowman building contest, a goose chase scavenger hunt, airport tours, and special movie or planetarium shows.
Closing Weekend Highlights: January 23-24
Finish up JanBoree 2021 with these closing weekend events and be sure to check the JanBoree website for weather updates on outdoor activities that require snow (many activities do not).
Saturday, January 23
- Walk or run the Frosty 5K at Frame Park from 8-10:30am. Registration required.
- Watch the Ice Sculpting Competition in Downtown Waukesha. Watch ice carvers create ice sculptures before your eyes from 10am-2pm at various locations.
- Take a Sunset Candlelight Hike at Minooka Park (Picnic area 3) from 4-8pm. Registration required.