Make the most of October in Waukesha Pewaukee with these activities to enjoy fall color, Halloween and upcoming special offers for an overnight stay, retailers and restaurants.
Find information on fall fun activities like pumpkin patches, hiking and fall muskie fishing and horseback riding.
If you enjoy Halloween find local options for trick or treating and a haunted experience.
Howl at Home
The City of Waukesha is offering a virtual scare-free Halloween Howl at Home week Oct. 26-30 with craft making, photo challenges and videos from Retzer Nature Center for spooky animal encounters.
Trick or treating
Kids can enjoy trick or treat fun October 31 in Downtown Pewaukee from noon-1:30pm and in the city of Waukesha on October 31 from 5-7 pm. For more area trick or treat dates and times, see this resource Lake Country Family Fun created.
Wisconsin Fear Grounds
The Wisconsin Fear Grounds, a haunted attraction with two haunted houses at the Waukesha County Expo Center, is open weekends in October. A limited number of advance tickets are available for this event as well as guidelines for COVID-19.
Support local businesses with these seasonal specials and merchandise available in October.
- October is National Fair-Trade Month and Plowshare Fair Trade Marketplace is offering 15% off your purchase during October.
- Mama D’s is offering these seasonal drink specials: Sweater Weather Latte, Cinderella Latte, Pumpkin Pie Latte, Sunflower Latte and Chaider.
- Nona Nutrition has two seasonal smoothies and a new menu to try. Seasonal smoothies include Nutty Caramel Apple, Pumpkin Pie, and Pumpkin Spice Golden Superfood Mylk.
- Support local artisans and shops with fall home décor and gift ideas.
- The Steaming Cup is offering these special seasonal drinks: Spooky Campfire S’mores Frappe, Candy Corn Cocoa or Booberry Latte.
- Celebrate Halloween at The Ingleside Hotel! Overnight guests can take part in family-friendly activities such as Haunted Hayrides, Pumpkin Decorating, Trick or Treating, Costume Contest & MORE. For overnight guests staying select dates in October (October 23-24 & 30-31).
- The Waukesha Farmers’ Market is open Sat. 8am-noon until Oct. 31. Find local produce and gifts