Enjoy this festive time of year with family or friends, gathering and enjoying these fun things to do in Waukesha Pewaukee over the holiday season.
Country Christmas Holiday Lights Display
The Country Christmas is one of Wisconsin’s largest holiday lights display with millions of holiday lights festively displayed on a mile-long trail. As you drive, walk or ride through the wooded countryside, you’ll experience three holiday villages and a captivating 200-foot tunnel of 30,000, computerized, pulsing lights.
You have three ways to enjoy the Country Christmas holiday lights display:
- Drive through the display on Nov. 26-Dec. 1, 2021 and Dec. 3-Jan. 1, 2022,
- Take an illuminated walk on Nov. 19, 20 or 21, 2021 from 5-9pm (last admission sold at 8pm)
- Enjoy a wagon ride on Nov. 28-Dec., 1, 5-9 or 12-16, 2021. Rides are at 5, 6, 7 and 8pm (masks required)
Waukesha Silver Bells
The Downtown Waukesha Business Association created Silver Bells festivities to celebrate the holidays with fun, family-friendly events like these:
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides through the streets of Downtown Waukesha thru Dec. 18 (weekends)
- Have pictures taken with Santa Dec. 4, 11 & 18 • Mountain Top Coffee • 1-3pm
- Take your own photos with holiday sidewalk cut-out characters anytime Nov. 26-until New Year’s Eve
- Waukesha Art Crawl • Dec. 4 • 4-9pm.
- See live reindeer and have photos taken Dec. 4 from 5-7in People’s Park parking lot (Main and Clinton St.).
- Ugly Sweater Saturday • Dec. 11 • wear an ugly sweater and get special offers from downtown businesses all-day
Waukesha Civic Theatre Festive Theatre & Music
If you enjoy live theatre, Waukesha Civic Theatre has quite a line-up of festive live theatre, musical performances and even a holiday classic movie to get you in the holiday spirit in December.
- Sister Act Dec. 3-19 (limited tickets available)
- Pix Flix: The Polar Express movie Dec. 4 at 10am
- Joel Kopische’s I Got Yule Babe Dec. 15 & 16 at 7:30pm
- Outskirts Theatre Co. Presents A_______ Christmas: A Mad Lib Cabaret on Dec. 22 at 7:30pm
- Experience the sounds and sights of the Golden Age of Entertainment with Four Guys in Dinner Jackets Dec. 30-Jan. 2
Woodland Gnome Days Celebration
From December 1-8 enjoy a variety of fun activities with the Woodland Gnome Days Celebration in Pewaukee. Fun activities include:
- A gnome scavenger hunt
- Color a picture of Nelson the Gnome
- Mini painting and gnome sculptures available at Chris Lueth American Family Insurance or Chiropractic & Wellness on Pewaukee Lake
- Park Avenue Pizza Company will have special wreath and candy cane pizzas available as well as an ugly sweater competition Dec. 1-18.
Dec. 1 – 8
- Dec. 1: Kids can visit Santa from 5:30-7:30 pm at Chiropractic & Wellness on Pewaukee Lake and kids can also enjoy a craft and tamale tasting at Seesters Mexican Cantina.
- Dec. 2: Enjoy complimentary cookies and hot cocoa at Lake Country Mercantile from 2-6pm and Susan from BIZremedies will also have a special presentation/photo opportunity with Santa from 6-7:30pm
- Dec. 3: Gnorman the Gnome Holiday Egg Hunt at Wagner Park starting at 5:45pm
- Dec. 4: Tree lighting at the Clark House Museum
- Dec. 6: Woodland Gnome Day Holiday Craft Kit at Lake & Pine Co. from 11am-6pm
- Dec. 7: From 4-6pm the Chocolate Factory will have holiday characters scooping ice cream. More events to be scheduled, check back here.
- Dec. 8: Sign-up to craft a Christmas gnome and cookie decorating at the Chiropractic & Wellness Center on Pewaukee Lake at 6pm
Make Your Own Holiday Gifts
Roll up your sleeves and create a one-of-a-kind gift with these local studios offering hands-on art, food and wood crafting gift-making opportunities:
- A Stroke of Genius Paint Wine Studio in Downtown Waukesha. Join open paint sessions to make a variety of gifts or join in public painting events Friday’s or Saturday’s. Partake in a special Cocoa & Canvas event Dec. 4, 11, and 18th from 1-4pm.
- Chef Pam’s Cooking School is offering classes for holiday appetizers, kids and teen cooking and more. These sell out fast, so be sure to act quickly if interested.
- Fisk Avenue is offering a cookie tray workshop on Dec. 18 at 12pm.
Old World Wisconsin Home for The Holidays Experience
Explore a historical wonderland at Old World Wisconsin’s Home for the Holidays experience, with the 19th Century Crossroads Village decked out in holiday greenery and homes and shops full of bustling holiday preparations. Open Saturday and Sundays from 10am-4pm Dec. 4, 5, 11, 12, 18 and 19.
Holiday Hotel Specials
Plan to stay a night or two to enjoy the holiday festivities in our area.
The Ingleside Hotel is offering these great hotel specials for the holidays:
- Swim & Lights Package Bring a group of 10 more for an afternoon visit to Springs Water Park followed by a trip through Country Christmas. Available select dates Nov. 26-Dec. 1 7, 2021.
- New Year’s Eve family-friendly special including New Year’s Eve Party Springs Water Park fun.
Book direct here and save 10%.