In December, bring your families and friends to gather and enjoy these fun, festive things to do in Waukesha Pewaukee.
Country Christmas Holiday Lights Display
The Country Christmas is one of Wisconsin’s largest holiday lights displays with millions of holiday lights festively displayed on a mile-long trail. As you drive through the wooded countryside, you’ll experience three holiday villages and a captivating 200-foot tunnel of 30,000, computerized, pulsing lights.
New this year, not only can you choose to drive through the display, but take an illuminated walk Dec. 3-5 or wagon ride Dec. 8-12 and 15-19. Learn more about all the things happening at Country Christmas in this more expanded blog post.
Waukesha Silver Bells
The Downtown Waukesha Business Association created Silver Bells festivities to celebrate the holidays with fun, family-friendly events like these.
Waukesha Christmas Parade Nov. 24 from 4-5pm
- Breakfast with Santa Saturdays thru Dec. 21 • 8-10am • $20 • Call 262-547-1060 to make reservation
- Horse Drawn Carriage Rides through the streets of Downtown Waukesha Nov. 29 – Dec. 28 (weekends)
- Pictures with Santa Saturdays thru Dec. 21 • Mountain Top Coffee • 1-3pm
- Art Crawl • Dec. 7 • 4-10pm.
- Waukesha Civic Theatre family-friendly theatrical productions • Dec. 6-31
- See live reindeer and have photos taken Dec. 21 from 11am-1pm in People’s Park parking lot (Main and Clinton St.).
Make Holiday Gifts
Roll up your sleeves and create a one-of-a-kind gift with these local studios offering hands-on art, food and wood crafting gift making opportunities.
- A Stroke of Genius Paint Wine Studio Waukesha. Join open paint sessions to make a variety of gifts or for public painting events Fri. or Sat. in Dec.
- A Touch of Glaze. Paint your own pottery gift and choose from hundreds of different items to make a one-of-a-kind gift.
- Creative License in Pewaukee. Stop by open paint sessions to create your own artwork or register for one of their events to create specific holiday gifts like clay impression ornaments or wood bottle They also offer art and story time.
- Daylee Public House is offering DIY edible gift making workshops Dec. 3, 10 and 17 from 5:30-7:30pm. On Dec 3 make flavored salts, Dec. 10 make dip mix ornaments and Dec. 17 make coffee/cocoa mixes.
- Fisk Avenue has woodcraft workshops for kids and adults. Make a stocking hanger, vintage sled, a cookie tray for Santa, kids can join their own special holiday party Dec. 7 at 4pm or stop by their holiday market Dec. 14 from 10am-6pm to make a wood ornament, have hot cocoa and snacks.
An Old World Christmas
Become immersed in Old World Wisconsin’s interactive holiday experiences including meeting Krampus, a mischievous holiday creature from Central European folklore. Visit the Old World 1880s Crossroads Village decked in holiday greenery, enjoy music, take a scenic horse-drawn ride, get a photo in Santa’s Victorian workshop of the largest Yule Goat in North America. An Old World Christmas is open December 7-8 or 14-15 from 10am-4pm.
Elf & More
If you enjoy live theatre, Waukesha Civic Theatre has quite a line-up of festive live theatre, musical performances and even a holiday classic movie to get you in the holiday spirit in December.
Holiday Hotel Specials
Plan to stay a night or two to enjoy the holiday festivities in our area.
The Ingleside Hotel is offering these great hotel specials for the holidays:
- Swim & Lights Package Bring a group of 10 more for an afternoon visit to Springs Water Park followed by a trip through Country Christmas. Available select dates Nov. 29-Dec. 1 and Dec. 6-18, 2019.
- Country Christmas Getaway Package which includes overnight accommodations in a premier guest room, 4 water passes, a carload admission to Country Christmas and food. This package is available select nights Nov. 29-Dec.31, subject to availability.
- Flick & Float featuring the movie Elf, Fri. Dec. 13, includes admission to the Springs Water Park and includes seeing the movie.
- New Year’s Eve family-friendly special including Springs Water Park fun.
Book direct here and save 10%.