Imagine the glamour of American theatre in the 1920s – 1950s. The elegant costumes. The lighting that makes everyone attractive. The magic of being a part of the lives of the actors and actresses on stage. Getting caught up in the story as each intricate detail unfolds.
You can be transported back to this time and experience what it was like to live like a theatre legend when you visit Ten Chimneys in Genesee Depot.
Ten Chimneys is the National Historic Landmark home of Broadway legends Alfred Lunt and Lynn Fontanne. Every summer and whenever they could, Lunt and Fontanne enjoyed life away from the hustle of Broadway and welcomed guests to relax and enjoy life at Ten Chimneys. The legacy their lives and their love of theatre are apparent throughout Ten Chimneys with each room carefully dressed as if it were a stage set.
Why should you plan to visit Ten Chimneys?
- Ten Chimneys is a National Historic Landmark (it’s the only one in Waukesha County).
- You will learn about the lives of two Broadway legends and the guests they entertained.
- See remarkable, one-of-a-kind collections of art, furniture and architectural details.
- Tour whimsical buildings, outdoor spaces with beautiful gardens, and a breathtaking wooded setting.
- There are excellent programs year round.
- If you are looking for a unique place to have a corporate event, wedding reception or private party, you will want to see and learn more about the Lunt-Fontanne Program Center.
When you go:
Ten Chimneys is located on S43 W31575 Depot Rd., in Genesee Depot (right off of Hwy 83).
Reservations are recommended for group tours and events. Tours are available in 2021 Tuesday-Saturdays at 10 am and 2:30 pm and Sundays at 12 and 2:30 pm. You can choose from a full estate (2 hours) or the main house tour 90 minutes).
Call (262) 968-4110 to make your reservation.