May 27 - June 1 "The Moving Wall" at Frame Park in Waukesha
On May 27 through June 1, 2021 “The Moving Wall” is scheduled to visit the city of Waukesha in Frame Park.
The Moving Wall is a traveling half-size replica of the Washington DC Vietnam Veterans Memorial. This tribute has been touring the country for thirty-plus years, sharing the experience with those who have not had the opportunity to go to Washington.
Visitors can view The Moving Wall beginning at noon on May 27 through 6 am on June 1.
An opening ceremony is scheduled for May 27 at 6 pm. During the ceremony, the names of brothers lost from the City of Waukesha will be read aloud. Family members of the Waukesha Servicemen will be recognized if they choose so. The closing ceremony as well as Memorial Day observation will begin at 10 am on May 31.
There will be several displays in addition to The Moving Wall for visitors to see, including:
- Reflections of Vietnam – a display from the Vietnam Veterans of America, Chapter 351 open for viewing in the Rotary Building, 1150 Baxter St. This educational display includes artifacts from the Vietnam War and is open during the following days and times:
- Sunday, May 30, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Monday, May 31, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Quilts of Valor will be on-site to present quilts to Veterans (registration for quilts is recommended and can be done here).
- Visit the Field of Honor to take in the gorgeous scene of red, white and blue flags and read about the honorees for each flag.
When You Go
Be sure to check out the helpful tips from the City of Waukesha “Know Before You Go” area of their website for parking, opening ceremony and free shuttle information as well as family and descendant recognition at ceremonies.